How do we want the local care market and providers to develop
We want to:
- Encourage the development of services that are of high quality and are sustainable
- Support the development appropriate services in the local Croydon area that meet the needs of our residents so that we can reduce the number of people placed in services outside the Borough
- Work with providers as service experts to identify innovative service models and solutions
- Continue our commitment to supporting fair wages in the care sector.
How we intend to work with provider agencies and the local care market
We want to work partnership and collaboration with provider agencies to:
- adopt co-production principles to ensure the involvement of service users and carers
- develop innovative service models which promote independence
- benefit from the knowledge and experience of providers as experts in their field
- promote and share good practice
- focus on delivering positive outcomes for service users
- ensure the availability of high quality services
- improve approaches to contract monitoring based around the delivery of outcomes
- support providers to deliver sustainable services and business models
How will providers find out about market opportunities
- Croydon Council uses the London Tenders Procurement Portal to advertise tender opportunities. You can access the website here https://www.londontenders.org/
- The London Tenders Portal is the public sector procurement portal for the London boroughs listed in the navigation panel. This portal supports the procurement process and provides suppliers with easier access to new business opportunities and contracts.
- Registering on the London Tenders Portal is FREE for all Suppliers and is a simple and straightforward exercise. Once registered, as a Supplier you will receive email updates on new contract opportunities issued by the public sector that match your capabilities. To register on the London Tenders Portal click on the Suppliers Area. https://procontract.due-north.com/register
- The tender process will be managed electronically via this service, with tenders being exchanged electronically.
As well as the London Tenders Portal described above, there are a number of other ways in which providers can explore business opportunities in Croydon. These include:
Latest Funding opportunities calendar is published monthly and contains a list of available funding by theme (click on the icon for social care, regeneration, infrastructure, economy, etc.), with a short description of their objectives and deadlines. You can also download the reports for further details. https://intranet.croydon.gov.uk/place/growth-team/funding-and-investment/new-funding-opportunities
Croydon Means Business 2018 aims to support and encourage the growth of local businesses and inspire further innovation among the borough’s business community https://intranet.croydon.gov.uk/news/croydon-means-business-2018
Croydon Council website: The London Borough of Croydon updates all tender opportunities Croydon Council website. This includes procurements above and below the EU thresholds. You can view them here https://www.croydon.gov.uk/business/tenders/tender-opps
London Contracts Register: For a list of the council’s current contracts and procurement plan for the next five years, please view the London Contracts Register http://www.londoncontractsregister.co.uk/
Value Croydon The aim of Value Croydon is to support the delivery of the corporate objectives to foster local economic growth and sustainability by providing a one-stop-shop for organisations to find out about business opportunities with the council and its partners.
The new Value Croydon website will also provide clear information on how to do business with the council through social value. Value Croydon at its core focuses on how the council engages with the local market, contractors and wider partners to set up services and procure goods and works in a way that added social, economic and environmental benefits to Croydon’s communities. http://www.valuecroydon.com/
Please note: If you are a local provider/supplier and would like to develop and train in skills to do business with us e.g. bid writing, understanding procurement etc. please get in touch with the person on the contact list on the page and we can arrange sessions, if we gather enough interest.
Any queries related to procurement could be made at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to the delivery of high quality care for the people of Croydon. We expect high standards and safe services and want to work with providers who aspire to achieve and deliver them.
We work closely with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as well as undertaking our own quality monitoring assessments.
We are currently reviewing and improving our approaches to contact monitoring and management to ensure consistent approaches which focus on quality and the delivery of positive outcomes for service users.
We want to hear your views
If you would like to give us general feedback or queries and suggestions about the Market Position Statement, please send an email to: (This is to be confirmed)
If you would like to get involved in future MPS updates please contact us on the above email address.
For issues relating to particular service groups, contact details are given within the relevant section of the MPS.