A market position statement (MPS) is a document which summarises supply and demand in the local authority area and gives an indication of business opportunities within the care market in that area.
It covers adult health care for people with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health issues, Physical Disabilities, and also the services required for the Older and more vulnerable People.
Croydon’s Market Position Statement gives a high level picture of the:
- Key principles and outcomes for Adult Social Care services
- Future needs of service users and changes in demand
- Views of service users and carers in terms of the support they wish to receive
- Current pattern of service provision and use
- Anticipated future plans and service needs
The Market Position Statement is linked to and informed by a range of other documents such as Commissioning Strategies and the Joint Strategic Needs Analysis (JSNA) which include more detailed information and statistics.
The following link provides more details of what the Market Position Statement means in Croydon …